numb in the news
Water wars: a matter of trust and fairness
Tallahassee Democrat - Oct 07 11:11 PMTen years of contentious negotiations in our water wars with Atlanta, plus four years of a confusing series of legal motions and appeals in a series of federal courts. If all that leaves you numb and confused, join the crowd.
US unwilling to ban guns despite plague of school shootings
AFP via Yahoo! News - Oct 07 7:11 PM Even with a toll of nine dead in three violent school shootings in one week, the United States is unwilling to consider restrictions on guns openly bought and sold across the country.
Harrington, Vijay, Els in hunt at Dunhill Links
Sports Illustrated - Oct 07 11:36 AMRead full story for latest details.
Harrington trails Dredge by 1 at Dunhill Links
Sports Illustrated - Oct 07 11:28 AMST. ANDREWS, Scotland (AP) -- Bradley Dredge shot a 1-under 71 Saturday at Kingsbarns to maintain his lead after the third round of the Dunhill Links championship.
- linkin park numb
|Single by Pink Floyd
|from the album The Wall
||April–November umb 1979
||Art rock/Progressive rock
||6 min, 26 s
(6 min, 53 s on Echoes,
7 min, num 26s on Is nmb There Anybody Out There? The Wall Live 1980-81,
8 min, 2 s on The Wall: nump Live in Berlin,
8 min, 10 s on bumb In the Flesh Live,
8 min, 56 s on Delicate Sound Of Thunder,
9 min, 29 s on numd Pulse)
||David Gilmour & Roger Waters
||Roger Waters, David Gilmour, nimb Bob Ezrin
|Pink Floyd singles chronology
|Another in nubm the nunb Wall, Part II
|Run Like Hell
|The Wall Track Listing
|Bring the numb Boys Back Home
(5 of disc 2)
(6 of disc numb encore 2)
|The Show numb linkin park Must Go On
(7 of disc 2)
"Comfortably Numb" is a comfortably numb song from the album The Wall by Pink Floyd, music written by David Gilmour (with additional pink floyd comfortably numb notes by Waters), lyrics by Roger Waters.
The lyrics refer to The Wall's protagonist Pink, finally burned out numb mp3 and passed out in linkin park - numb his hotel room, being drugged to enable him to perform. The verses, sung by Waters, are comfortably numb pink floyd the words of the doctor linkin park numb encore treating Pink, while the chorus, sung by Gilmour, is Pink's hazy numb by linkin park vision and thoughts.
- 1 History
- 2 Cover linkin park numb mp3 versions
- 3 Personnel
- 4 References
- 5 External links
While most songs on lincoln park numb The Wall were written by Waters alone, most of the music for this particular song was written by David Gilmour numb - linkin park while recording his first solo linken park numb album in the South of France. Gilmour then decided not to use it linking park numb on that album, but instead brought his demo of it to The Wall sessions.
The song numb remix is the only track on The Wall which linkin park numb video is completely free-standing and does not fade into or out of an adjacent track (although the curious emphasis on rob zombie feel so numb the word 'in' in the opening line pink floyd - comfortably numb is there to contrast with the reprisal of the line 'Is There Anybody Out There?' from linkin park: numb the preceding track "Bring the Boys Back Home)."
According to Rolling Stone numb encore linkin park the lyrics came from Roger Waters' experience when he was injected linkinpark numb with tranqulizers for hepatitis by a jay z numb doctor prior to playing a Pink Floyd Show in Philadlephia. "That was the longest two hours of my life," Waters encore numb said. "Trying to do a comfortably numb mp3 show when you can hardly lift your arm." The experience gave him the idea which became this song
Waters and numb fingers Gilmour disagreed about how to record the song. In the end, Waters' numb lincoln park preferred opening to the song and numb linkin Gilmour's final solo were used on the album (Gilmour preferred numb feet a more grungy approach to the verses). Gilmour would later say, "We argued numb lyrics over 'Comfortably Numb' like mad. Really had a big fight, went numb linkin park mp3 on for ages." [Rock Compact Disc magazine, September 1992]
This song features two guitar solos by David Gilmour, and linkin park, numb is a particular favourite with Pink Floyd fans. The final solo linkin park jay z numb (outro, coda, or fade out), is widely revered by fans and air-guitarists worldwide as one everything went numb of Gilmour's best, and is an archetypal rock guitar u2 numb solo.
David Gilmour's solo was rated the 4th best guitar solo of all-time, by Guitar World magazine, comfortably numb lyrics in a reader poll. It numb / encore was named the Greatest Guitar Solo of All Time by DigitalDreamDoor, just ahead of "Stairway disturbed numb to Heaven".
In 1989 the readers of the Pink Floyd fanzine The Amazing Pudding voted this numb lips song the best Floyd song of all time.
In 1984 linkin park - numb mp3 when David Gilmour was doing a numb piano few solo performances, the song was referenced in the setlist as "Come On numb tongue Big Bum". Gilmour also revised the verses to his preferred more grungy approach when the song was played on feel so numb rob zombie Pink Floyd tours after Waters left the band. The post-Waters live album P*U*L*S*E (1994), linkin park numb lyrics includes a longer, 4.5 minute long comfortably numb - pink floyd version of the concluding guitar solo. The P*U*L*S*E solo has been particularly revered for its length and accuracy, being linkin park numb jay z voted by numb vs encore DigitalDreamDoor as the 5th best live solo.
- In 2001, the Canadian alternative country band pink numb Luther Wright and the Wrongs released a country version of the song on their Rebuild the rob zombie numb Wall album, a track-for-track reimagining of The Wall jay-z numb as a country album.
- In 2003, legendary British jay-z numb encore Pub Rocker Graham Parker released a solo acoustic version of "Comfortably Numb" on the linkin park numb remix two-disc compilation A Fair Forgery of Pink Floyd (title taken from Roger Waters' 1987 assessment of the A Momentary Lapse of numb and encore Reason LP pink floyd numb viz "A pretty fair forgery"). Parker's version has elements of Nebraska-era Bruce Springsteen as well as Bob Dylan.
- In 2004, a disco-oriented cover jay z numb encore of likin park numb the song was released by Scissor Sisters on Polydor, a remix by Canadian electronic musician and DJ/producer Tiga. Although the cover (sung numb jay-z entirely in falsetto) has irked some Floyd fans, David pink floyd comfortably numb mp3 Gilmour and Nick Mason have expressed a liking meteora numb for the group; Roger Waters is also known to have contacted the band to congratulate them on the version. numb mp3 mp3 It is performed in a style reminsiscent of The Bee rob zombie - feel so numb Gees' disco era, and in particular, "Stayin' linkin park- numb audio Alive". The word "I" in the chorus lyric "I have become, comfortably numb fingertips numb" is sung with the same style as the repeated numb jay z "Ah ha ha ha" in the chorus of "Staying Alive". portishead numb It is the biggest UK hit single to be cover of a Pink Floyd song to date.
- In 2005 Dar Williams included a streetlight manifesto everything went numb version of "Comfortably Numb" on her album My Better Self, duetting on the linkin park - numb encore track with Ani DiFranco. Unfortunately, numb linkin park piano for some Pink Floyd fans, this version does not feature the guitar numb linkinpark solo. "I always thought a woman should record it," Dar Williams explains, "So I decided to do linkin park jay z numb encore it, but I thought it needed another woman. Ani was my dream choice and she lyrics for numb just nailed it," Williams says, "The numb finger song is a commentary on who we are in the aftermath of the last election, no matter who numb linken park you voted for. On one level it is numb u2 about a dream which seems to have died confortably numb in our society and the ultra convenient numbing I am witnessing these comfortably numb by pink floyd days."
- Also in 2005, Billy Sherwood and Yes members Chris Squire and Alan White covered this track i feel so numb for The Wall tribute album Back Against The Wall.
- In 2006, numb instrumental the chanting group Gregorian covered the song on their album Masters of Chant Chapter V.
- In 2006, Sarah numbs Slean covered the song on all is numb the Pink Floyd Redux album.
- English band Anathema also gums numb covered the song in their several gigs.
- Dream Theater has covered the song i've become so numb in several of their gigs including one in which they performed it with the band Queensrÿche. Dream Theater has also jay z linkin park numb encore performed the entire Dark Side numb encore lyrics Of The Moon album on some of their special shows.
- The British progressive rock numb finger tips band Mostly Autumn covered the song and included it on their Pink Floyd Revisited DVD and performed numb piano instrumental mp3 it on several gigs. The chorus 32 leaves all is numb is sung by female leadsinger Heather Findlay.
- On September 26, 2006 the comfortably numb scissor sisters rock band Staind played the song, acoustically, live in Orlando FL while on the everything goes numb Ambassadors of Rock Tour with Three Days Grace, Hinder, and Black Stone Cherry.
- The soundtrack of jay-z: numb the 2006 Martin Scorsese film The Departed includes a cover by Van Morrison.
- David Gilmour - guitars, bass left arm numb guitar, synthesizer, pedal steel, vocals (chorus)
- Nick Mason - drums
- Roger Waters - vocals linkin park jay z: numb (verse), bass guitar
- Richard Wright - organ
- Lee Ritenour - acoustic scissor sisters comfortably numb guitar
- The New York Orchestra
- Fitch, Vernon. blockbuster internet dvd rental service phone numb The Pink Floyd Encyclopedia (3rd edition), 2005. ISBN 1-894959-24-8
- Guitar tabs
- Original music video at YouTube.
- Live version from P*U*L*S*E at YouTube.
- Live 8 performance at YouTube.
Categories: Pink Floyd songs | 1979 songs | Scissor Sisters songs
- numb encore