hysterectomy in the news
Utah justices must choose boy's family
The Salt Lake Tribune - Oct 09 12:22 AMMatt and Toni Worthington's plans to begin a family were derailed by uterine cancer early in their marriage. Toni Worthington underwent a hysterectomy. But as she healed and years passed free of cancer, the Salt Lake County couple hoped to adopt, and 3-month-old Anthony entered their lives. Now 2 years old, the toddler with long, straight hair in a bowl cut likes basketball and playing
IT'S HELL IN HERE
Sunday Mail - Oct 07 9:54 PMMY 6ft 4in boss comes into work on a Harley Davidson wearing a leather jacket emblazoned with "Eat My Dust". He's really scary. - Wee James, Glasgow. I WORK with a woman who was off for months after a hysterectomy operation.
Hundreds turn out for speech by anti-war activist Sheehan
San Jose Mercury News - Oct 08 6:59 AMIn yet another example of Cindy Sheehan's surge to prominence, the mournful California mom-turned-celebrity peace activist attracted hundreds to a Peninsula auditorium Saturday, on the release of her third book.
Highlights In The Oct. 4 Journal Of The National Cancer Institute
Medical News Today - Oct 08 6:11 AMBreast Cancer Diagnosis Linked to Higher Suicide RatesBreast cancer survivors have an increased risk of suicide for up to 30 years after diagnosis, according to a new study.Catherine Schairer, Ph.D., of the National Cancer Institute in Bethesda, Md. [click link for full article]
- vaginal hysterectomy
A hysterectomy is hystorectomy the surgical removal of the hysteroctomy uterus, usually done by a gynecologist. Hysterectomy may be total (removing the hysterctomy body and cervix of the uterus) or partial (also called supra-cervical). In many cases, surgical removal of the ovaries (oophorectomy) is performed concurrent with hystarectomy a hysterectomy. hysterectamy The surgery is then called "total abdominal hysterectomy with bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy" (sometimes abbreviated TAH-BSO). However, the term "hysterectomy" is often used colloquially yet hysterectemy incorrectly to refer to removal of any parts of the female reproductive system.
Women who have total hysterecomy abdominal hysterectomy hystrectomy with bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy surgeries lose most of their ability to produce the hormones estrogen and progesterone, and hysterectmy lose about half of their ability to produce testosterone, and subsequently enter what hsterectomy is known as "surgical menopause" (as opposed to normal menopause, hyterectomy which occurs naturally in women as part of the aging process). hysterrectomy In women under the age of 50, hormone supplements (usually estrogen) are often prescribed hysterecotmy as part of hormone replacement therapy (HRT) to offset the negative effects hyserectomy of sudden hormonal loss (most notably an increased risk for early-onset osteoporosis) as well as menopausal problems like hot flashes that are hsyterectomy usually more severe than those experienced by women hysteretomy undergoing natural menopause. Cardiovascular problems are also associated with early surgical hysterectimy menopause, but the exact causation is unknown. Hormone replacement treatment is somewhat controversial due to the known hysterectom carcinogenic and coagulative properties of estrogen; however, many physicians and patients feel the historectomy benefits outweigh the risks in women who histerectomy may face serious health and quality of life issues as a consequence of early surgical menopause. hysterectomy The ovarian hormones of estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone are involved in the regulation of hundreds of bodily functions.
- 1 Technique
- 2 Indications
- 3 Alternatives
- 4 Potential total abdominal hysterectomy risks
- 5 Alternatives
- 6 Notes
- 7 External abdominal hysterectomy recovery laparoscopic supracervical hysterectomy links
Although many hysterectomies laparoscopic hysterectomy are performed via a full abdominal laparotomy with a lengthy incision, two after a hysterectomy common surgical approaches that are less invasive are abdominal hysterectomy laparoscopic or vaginal procedures. Surgery with ovarian conservation is an option for younger patients with benign diseases (non-cancerous).
Indications for hysterectomy laproscopic hysterectomy include uterine fibroids, certain kinds of radical hysterectomy pelvic pain (including endometriosis and adenomyosis), pelvic relaxation (or prolapse), hysterectomy recovery heavy or abnormal menstrual bleeding, and cancer or pre-cancerous diseases. Hysterectomy is also a surgical resort used in hysterectomies cases of uncontrollable postpartum obstetrical haemorrhage. Uterine fibroids, although a benign disease, may recovery time after hysterectomy cause heavy menstrual flow and discomfort to some hysterectomy weight gain women. Many treatments are possible: Pharmaceutical (the use of NSAIDs for the pain or hormones side effects of a hysterectomy to suppress the menstrual cycle), uterine artery embolization, or surgery. The surgical treatment varies depending on weight gain after hysterectomy the location of the fibroids. after hormone hysterectomy replacement therapy If the fibroids are inside the lining of the uterus, hysteroscopic removal might be an option.
Transsexuals undergoing partial hysterectomy sex reassignment surgery as part of a female-to-male (FTM) transition commonly have hysterectomies and oophorectomies to remove the primary sources post hysterectomy of female hormone production. For health reasons, some FTM hrt post hysterectomy have these organs removed prior to full sex reassignment surgery, as it reduces risk for developing Polycystic hysterectomy surgery ovary syndrome and total hysterectomy other ovarian and uterine problems due to the higher doses of testosterone being administered as part of the process; some, menopause after hysterectomy however, wait to have a hysterectomy and oophorectomy as part of the full sex reassignment surgery procedure to hysterectomy and weight gain avoid having hysterectomy educational resources and services multiple surgeries over the course of their transitions.
New treatment options have begun hysterectomy recovery time to decrease the number of hysterectomies performed in the United States, Canada, and post hysterectomy weight gain Britain
. Despite nerve damage from hysterectomy the availability of alternative treatments to hysterectomy, many women still have traditional hysterectomy . For some patients, these alternatives are not appropriate, or total hysterectomy hormone replacement therapy may have been previously tried and been found total hysterectomy and hormone replacement therapy unsuccessful . All hormone replacement therapy and hysterectomy patients should be counselled on alternative therapies and offered them if appropriate .
Menorrhagia (heavy or supracervical hysterectomy abnormal menstrual bleeding) may be treated with the less invasive endometrial ablation.
Several studies have found that increased bone total abdominal hysterectomy bilateral salpingo oophorectomy loss or fracture risk is associated with hysterectomy.       It has hormone replacement therapy hysterectomy also been demonstrated that women who have vaginal bleeding after hysterectomy had a hysterectomy (with both ovaries conserved, and with pre-operative FSH levels vaginal hysterectomy video <10 IU/L) reach hormonal menopause an average of 3.7 years earlier than women who have had no hysterectomy.
As compared hysterectomy hematoma to intact women (who were treated with endometrial ablation for dysfunctional uterine bleeding) hysterectomy hormone replacement therapy reduced sexual wellbeing was found in women who had hysterectomy weekly recovery schedule been given a hysterectomy with preservation of one or both laparascopic hysterectomy ovaries. An even greater reduction in sexual wellbeing was reported in women who had been partial hysterectomy will i still have periods given a hysterectomy with both ovaries removed.
Women who have had a hysterectomy with both ovaries conserved spotting after hysterectomy typically have reduced testosterone levels as compared to intact women. Reduced vaginal hysterectomy recovery levels of testosterone adenocarcinoma in situ and hysterectomy in women is predictive of height loss, which may occur as a result of reduced bone density, while conversely, increased testosterone hormone replacement therapy after hysterectomy levels in women hysterectomy faq are associated with a greater sense of sexual desire. Hysterectomy has also been found to be associated with increased bladder function problems, vaginal hysterectomies such as incontinence.
Other studies alternatives to hysterectomy have examined these risks and found no correlation between them and hysterectomy.    In the case of sexual function after hysterectomy, studies which find hysterectomy exercise a favorable outcome (i.e., improved sexual wellbeing after hysterectomy) have compared women's sexual hysterectomy procedure function after hysterectomy to the same women's sexual experience before surgery, when hysterectomy vs hormone therapy they were still laparoscopic assisted vaginal hysterectomy dealing with serious uterine problems and may have been stressed about their upcoming surgery.  In contrast, the study which found hysterectomy was associated supercervical laproscopic hysterectomy with a reduction in sexual wellbeing, compared women treated with hysterectomy to those whose uterine problems were total laparoscopic hysterectomy resolved without removing their uteruses. Collectively, healing abdominal hysterectomy these studies suggest that women experience the greatest sexual wellbeing when they have hormone hysterectomy replacement therapy a healthy uterus (including those whose uteruses have become healthy after treatment) -- yet sexual experience may improve after hysterectomy, once the problems requiring treatment have been hysterectomy alternative resolved and the stress leading up to surgery has passed. 
In short, the research suggessts hysterectomy and problems that retaining both after hysterectomy the uterus and the ovaries aids in sexual function, and bleeding after hysterectomy in bone health, and delays the onset of hormonal menopause. In addition, retention of the ovaries at the time bowel movements after hysterectomy of hysterectomy, when performed for benign disease, is associated with greater longevity.
Many alternatives to hysterectomy exist. For endometriosis recur after a total hysterectomy example, women with dysfunctional uterine bleeding may hysterectomy and hormone replacement therapy be treated with endometrial ablation, which is an outpatient procedure in which the lining of the uterus is destroyed with heat. Endometrial ablation hysterectomy and tummy tuck will greatly reduce or entirely eliminate hysterectomy educational resources and services? monthly bleeding in ninety percent of patients with DUB. In addition, uterine fibroids may be removed without hysterectomy jokes removing the uterus. This procedure is hysterectomy without hormone therapy called a "myomectomy." A myomectomy may be performed through an open incision or, in appropriate cases, laparoscopically. Various other techniques post hysterectomy hormone replacement therapy (such as Fibroid Artery Embolization, Myolysis, HALT, and recovering from hysterectomy Focused Ultrasound Surgery) kill the fibroid, and then leave it in place to be (usually only partially) reabsorbed by the recovery from partial hysterectomy body. Prolapse may also be corrected surgically without removal of the uterus.
Each treatment option requires what is a hysterectomy skills specific to it. It is unlikely that any one health care practitioner will offer all available therapies.
- ^ Hudson's complete hysterectomy FTM Guide: FTM Hysterectomy and Oophorectomy, "Why have a hysterectomy/oophorectomy?" endometriosis after hysterectomy (Retrieved 21 January 2006)
- ^ Kelsey JL, et al. "Risk hormone hysterectomy therapy factors for pelvis fracture in older persons." Am J Epidemiol. 2005 Nov 1;162(9):879-86.
- ^ van der Voort DJ, hormones after hysterectomy et al. "Risk factors for osteoporosis related to their outcome: fractures." hysterectomy effects on the voice Osteoporos Int. 2001;12(8):630-8.
- ^ Watson NR, et al. "Bone loss hysterectomy party after hysterectomy with ovarian conservation." Obstet Gynecol. 1995 Jul;86(1):72-7.
- ^ Duraes Simoes R, et al. "Effects of s2078 supracervical hysterectomy simple hysterectomy on bone loss." Sao Paulo Med J. 1995 Nov-Dec;113(6):1012-5.
- ^ a b Hreshchyshyn best exercises to do after hysterectomy MM, et al. "Effects of natural menopause, hysterectomy, and oophorectomy on lumbar spine bleeding post hysterectomy and femoral can a hysterectomy cause pancreitis neck bone densities." Obstet Gynecol. 1988 Oct;72(4):631-8.
- ^ Menon RK, et al. "Endocrine and metabolic effects of simple hysterectomy." complication of vaginal hysterectomy Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 1987 Dec;25(6):459-63.
- ^ complications hysterectomy a b Farquhar CM, et al. "The association of hysterectomy and menopause: a prospective cohort study." BJOG. headaches after hysterectomy 2005 Jul;112(7):956-62.
- ^ a b c d McPherson K, et al. "Psychosexual health 5 years after hysterectomy: population-based comparison with endometrial hysterectomy after leep ablation for dysfunctional uterine bleeding." Health Expect. 2005 Sep;8(3):234-43.
- ^ Laughlin GA, hysterectomy alternatives et al. "Hysterectomy, oophorectomy, and endogenous sex hormone hysterectomy and osteoporosis and hrt levels in older women: the Rancho Bernardo Study." J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2000 Feb;85(2):645-51.
- ^ Jassal SK, et al. "Low bioavailable testosterone hysterectomy cost california levels predict future height loss in postmenopausal women." J Bone Miner hysterectomy due to endometriosis Res. 1995 Apr;10(4):650-4.
- ^ Segraves R, Woodard T. "Female hypoactive sexual desire disorder: History and current status." hysterectomy in premenopausal women J Sex Med. 2006 May;3(3):408-18.
- ^ McPherson K, et al. low labido after hysterectomy "Self-reported bladder function five picture of complete hysterectomy years post-hysterectomy." J Obstet Gynaecol. 2005 Jul;25(5):469-75.
- ^ Shilbayeh S. "Prevalence of osteoporosis and its reproductive risk factors among Jordanian women: a cross-sectional study." Osteoporos always warm after hysterectomy premarin Int. 2003 Nov;14(11):929-40. Epub 2003 Oct cost for hysterectomy 7.
- ^ Larcos G. "Hysterectomy with ovarian conservation: effect on bone mineral endometriosis with hysterectomy density." Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol. 1998 Nov;38(4):452-4.
- ^ Ravn P, et al. "Lack hysterectomy after care of influence of simple premenopausal hysterectomy on bone mass and bone metabolism." Am hysterectomy and adhesions J Obstet Gynecol. 1995 Mar;172(3):891-5.
- ^ Bhattacharya hysterectomy and premarin S, et al. "A comparison of bladder and ovarian function two years following hysterectomy or endometrial ablation." Br J Obstet Gynaecol. 1996 Sep;103(9):898-903.
- ^ hysterectomy hormone help a b Roovers JP, et al. "Hysterectomy hysterectomy photographs and sexual wellbeing: prospective observational study of vaginal hysterectomy, subtotal abdominal hysterectomy, and total abdominal hysterectomy." BMJ. 2003 Oct 4;327(7418):774-8.
- ^ hysterectomy photos hysterectomy side effects a b Rhodes JC, et al. "Hysterectomy and sexual functioning." JAMA. 1999 Nov 24;282(20):1934-41.
- ^ Parker WH, et hysterectomy with ovarian removal al. "Ovarian conservation at the time of hysterectomy for benign disease." Obstet Gynecol. 2005 Aug;106(2):219-26.
- ^ William menopause hysterectomy diet and exercise H. Parker, Rachel L. Parker, "A Gynecologist's Second Opinion: The Questions & preparing for hysterectomy Answers You Need to Take Charge of radical hysterectomy anatomy images Your Health," 2002, Plume; Rev ed., 89-92, 105-150.
- ^ Frederick R. Jelovsek, "Having Prolapse, Cystocele recovering from a hysterectomy and Rectocele Fixed Without Hysterectomy"Hysterectomy"
- A.D.A.M Medical Encyclopedia recovery from hysterectomy Article on Hysterectomy
- A Survivor's Guide to Surgical Menopause: Collected information on managing post-hysterectomy conditions
- HysterSisters: Hysterectomy support, information, resources, community
- Encyclopedia of Surgery Article on Hysterectomy
- Hudson's FTM total abdominal hysterectomy procedure Guide article vaginal bleeding 1 year after total hysterectomy on hysterectomy as part of the overall female-to-male transition
- Laparoscopic Supracervical Hysterectomy, live internet broadcast from McLeod Health in Florence, South Carolina, November 29, after hormone hysterectomy therapy 2005.
- Hysterectomy at h2g2
exercise after hysterectomy hair thinning after hysterectomy hormone therapy after hysterectomy hospitalization for radical hysterectomy hysterectomy + recovery hysterectomy and weight loss
Categories: Articles lacking sources | breast pain in women who've had a hysterectomy Articles with unsourced care of the hysterectomy patient statements | Gynecology | Surgery | Surgical removal procedures | complex ovarian cysts after hysterectomy Gender transitioning
- total abdominal hysterectomy